Ideas for Pancake fillings - If you’re looking for some inspirational ideas for Pancake Day… then read on.
We all love to celebrate Pancake Day, and to make this day even more of an eventful one we want you to indulge yourself on our top 26 awesome pancake fillings. We have both savoury and sweet fillings for you to feast your eyes on.
What is Pancake Day?
Ok, just in case you’ve been living the life of a sea urchin and don’t know what Pancake Day is all about, here’s the lowdown…
Pancake day is also known as Shrove Tuesday… the day that follows is known as Ash Wednesday commonly known as the first day in Lent. Pancake Day or Shrove Tuesday is the day that pancakes are eaten before the start of Lent, you can find out more about this here:
Ok let’s check out our top 28 pancake fillings…
Savoury Pancake Fillings
Here are 11 awesome savoury pancake fillings, if you can think of any others feel free to add them in the comment section below.
1. Poached Egg & Crispy Bacon
2. Ham & Goats Cheese
3. Strips of Beef & Melted Stilton
4. Char-grilled Chicken, Crispy Bacon & Melted Cheese
5. Poached Egg & Salmon
6. Char-grilled Chicken, Poached, Egg, Lettuce & Mayonnaise
7. Bacon & Brie
8. Mushrooms, Garlic & Stilton
9. Scrambled Egg & Mushrooms
10. Chorizo, Fried Onions, Peppers, Garlic & Melted Cheese
11. Ham, Poached Egg & Dijon Mustard
12. Palma Ham & Sundried Tomatoes
Sweet Pancake Fillings
Now we move onto everybody’s favourite, sweet fillings, and we’ve got 16 of them for you to consider… Again if you can think of any other recipes for pancake fillings, feel free to add them in the comment section below.
1. Strawberries & Clotted Cream
2. Melted Marshmallow & Melted Chocolate
3. Hot Banoffee Caramel & Caramelized Bananas
4. Lemon & Sugar
5. Hazelnut Spread & Sliced Bananas
6. Broken Meringue Pieces & Lemon Curd
7. Ice-Cream, Clotted Cream & Flaky Chocolate Pieces
8. Broken Digestive Biscuits, Cheese Cake Filling & Strawberry Jam
9. Stewed Apple, Ice-cream & Chocolate
10. Toffee Apple & Clotted Cream
11. Sticky Toffee Sauce & Ice-Cream
12. Chocolate, Honeycomb Pieces and Ice-Cream
13. Peanut Butter, Melted Chocolate & Ice-Cream
14. Broken Meringue Pieces, Ice-Cream & Strawberries
15. Pineapple & Cream
16. Fruit & Yogurt
- Happy Pancake Day – Top Tips for Shrove Tuesday (cassiefairy.wordpress.com)
- Pancakes for Shrove Tuesday (csmonitor.com)