Uninstall Adobe Flash – Whether one is an internet novice or not, most persons using the internet have knowingly or unknowingly come across Flash at some point or another. Flash is streaming internet animation used on web pages. As such, if one is to be able to view such websites, one will need what is known as a Flash player. These flash players are available for free download for most browsers and so most people have this program loaded to their computers.
Flash programs are now owned by Adobe and not macromedia and so the program is called Adobe Flash Player as opposed to Macromedia Flash Player. For whatever reasons, sometimes programs such as these may need to be uninstalled. There are a few simple steps to take to successfully complete this process of uninstalling Adobe Flash Player.
Instructions to Uninstall Adobe Flash
- Turn on your computer and wait for it to boot. After computer has been successfully booted, go to your start menu at the bottom left hand corner of your screen. Some computers will simply have an icon to represent this feature.
- After clicking Start, look to the right of the pop-up menu for the Control Panel option. When found, select it. After the Control Panel is visible select the Programs option from the Control Panel.
- After selecting the programs option, users should select the Programs and Features option. Selecting this option will allow a user to see all the programs installed on his or her computer and from this window. Persons can modify and or delete programs from this window.
- After opening the Programs and Features window, users should now go ahead and scroll through the list of programs on the screen until they have come across the words “Adobe Flash Player [series number ] Plugin”. A number should be where “series number appears in this guide. For example if the current version installed on the computer is Adobe Flash Player 10, then users should scroll until they come across the title “Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin” as this is how it will be listed. Other Adobe programs such as Photoshop may appear in the list if they have been installed on the computer; however one should one select “Adobe Flash Player # Plugin”.
- When found users should highlight the program and look for the “Uninstall Program” button (this is usually found at the top of the window) and select it (do not double click). The process of uninstalling Adobe Flash Player at this point should have begun and will continue until the process is completed. Some computers have faster processors than others and so may or may not take a long or short time to complete the process of uninstalling the program. This process generally however takes a few minutes. Irrespective of how long the program seems to be taking to be uninstalled allow the process to run its course. The computer will prompt users whenever the process is completed.
Tips and Warnings
- This is a guide to uninstall Adobe Flash Player using a Microsoft Windows computer. Computers such as a Mac computer will go through a different process to uninstall a program such as Adobe Flash Player.
About the Author
This guest post was submitted by The Tech FAQ.